Canon Powershot G9 X Mark II

A Surprisingly Capable Camera!

Canon Powershot G9 X Mark II -- Photo by: Fin

The other day I went back to my local Phoenix Park and Swap and got a sweet deal on some used cameras.

For $40.00 I got:

A toy camera from the 1950s called an Ansco Panda
A Canon Powershot A470 (slate blue)
A Nikon Coolpix L310
And a Canon Powershot G9 X Mark II

The first three cameras are worth about $10-$15 each.
But when I looked up the G9 X Mark II I found it's about a $300 camera.
And the one I got had a shutter count of 8...yeah, 8 LooooL

But anyway, I looked into it and it is a rather nice little camera.
It has a 20.1 megapixel 1" CMOS sensor and most of the features you would expect to find on an entry level DSLR like:
Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes
Manual Mode
Bulb Mode
RAW Shooting
8.2 FPS
3" Touch Screen
Bluetooth
WiFi
A Programmable Control Ring
And more...

The only thing it can't seem to do is change lenses loool...

Here are some sample pics--sorry I forgot to get the focal length:

f/2.0 1/200 ISO125

f/4.9 1/200 IOS200

f/4.9 1/200 ISO500

f/4.0 1/200 ISO320

f/4.9 1/200 ISO250

f/4.9 1/200 IOS200

f/4.5 1' IOS125

Sorry, the last one is kind of large. I got a new monitor and made this one for my wallpaper :)
I'm moving the camera during a one-second exposure of my Christmas lights.

On the down-side, I do find the Canon G9 X Mark II a bit hard to hold. It's just so small I feel like I'm going to drop it.

And the buttons on the back are easy to press by accident. I tried to take an image of a pretty cool building but recorded a 3-second video instead lol

But overall I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with this camera and I will carry it with me often!

Anyway, I hope all is good with everyone!

Do any of you have a small camera like this that you like to take out rather than your DSLR or Pro camera?

Return to Fin's Frames Home Page