Saturday Studio Shot

Saturday's not just for cartoons anymore!

It's also for serious work...!

photo by: Fin

Today I was inspired by a post made on Picture This by hnddvn where they took multiple images using different light sources then blended the layers together using GIMP... but me being me, I decided to cut the workload in half and only go with two shots...:)

The first shot is back lit with a mechanics hanging light hung on a tripod:

Hanging light
It's also side lit with a small light I got at the $0.99 store:

$0.99 light
Camera settings:


Resulting Image:

Right-side + Back Light

The second image has the same camera settings and is lit the same way except I hold the $0.99 light on the other side.

Resulting Image:

Left-side + Back Light

Then, (after watching a couple of YouTube tutorials),  I just opened each image as a layer in GIMP and erased most of one image like this:

Mostly Erased Layer

Merging this layer with the layer that was Left-side + Back Light lit gives us the following result:

Final image lit from three sides.

I didn't do any other post processing although this could certainly use some...:D

The background is an Air Conditioner Filter...which is meant to diffuse the light but I'm not sure it's really helping.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

And thanks hnddvn for the inspiration...!

Return to Fin's Frames Home Page